Sunday 2 September 2012

LET'S GET LOST (TAIWAN SPECIAL) - SHAO YEN ACROSS THE WAVES EXHIBITION


As I mentioned in my last post, Shao Yen is back to his birthplace, Taiwan, with his FW 2012 collection. To celebrating the launch, The Goodz Collete store held a small exhibition named Acress the Waves displaying his pieces from his five collections - from Waver, Skin, Goddess, Seeddog and Class. I would say it's just a great opportunity for the Taiwanese (and some regular Taiwan visitors)  to know more about what actually fashion is. Most of the Taiwanese believe British fashion is only about symbolic elements tartans, Union Jack or even Harrods. I am sure at least they will know British fashion is about the mixture of craftsmanship and freshness (and yes, not all the British designers love to use tartan and Union Jack to design).













Although there are only 5 pieces (one of each collection) displaying, The making-of and the show videos will help you get some feeling of the Shao Yen brand. I always believe fashion is not only about what you wear but what you want to project. The best example is I never want to be too serious looking so I never own a formal suit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...