Saturday 1 September 2012

LET'S GET LOST (TAIWAN SPECIAL) - GOODZ COLLETE


YES I am in Taiwan again and I am sure you know I always see Taiwan is my second home. I always love their food but never thought of introducing a fashion store in Taipei. The London based Taiwanese designer Shao Yen is always my ones to watch and I follow what he does and just found a store in Taipei selling his latest collection. Since I am having a visit to Taiwan again, I visited the store and would love to share this little new designers' wonderland.



Goodz Collete (Goodz Collect) stands for Good+z+Collect locating in the area called Da'an District. The area is full of independent stores selling edgy brands suchs as cassette playa and KTZ. Just opening in May, the Goodz Collete team would like to introduce talented emerging designers to the Taiwan market and how interesting fashion can be. I am very impressive of their brand selection since they are the only store in the world stocking some of brands. The Taiwan fashion market is quite weird since I feel most of the teenagers are still following what the celebrities wear and tend to be more Japanese looking. Most of the brands I found in store are European brands like Tata Christian and Finsk which makes Goodz Collete really stand out from other independent stores selling local brands and boring bags.



I really love the store design with a deer, a zebra and 2 sheep as some focus points in store. The store layout is quite clean and actually nearly 90% of the props are in white which is a normal colour for many independent select store which makes those 4 animals more important to make the store special to the others.







I was very surprised they nearly stock Shao Yen's FW2012 full collection with the mix colour fur and some evening dresses. they even sell the caps in the show which help the customers finish the total look in the presentation.





Besides Shao Yen I also saw the Antwerp trained Hong Kong designer, Six Lee FW 2012 collection. It was my first time to see his collection in real.




I've also checked their brand list and there are Meadham Kirchhoff, David Koma and Mugler coming soon and what is the most exciting is I found my favourite J.W. Anderson is launching in SS 2013 as well! I look forward to come back next year and see how JWA pieces go in this new store!

To know more about Goodz Collete, please visit their facebook page

Goodz Collete Address: No.1, Ln. 119, Sec. 1, Da’an Rd., Da’an Dist., Taipei City 106, Taiwan (R.O.C.) 10685

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...