Saturday 4 August 2012

LET'S GET LOST - ANGELA FLANDERS


Although I am in Hong Kong right now, I visited some lovely stores when I was still in London for my London tour guide. I visited Angela Flanders, a store for home-made perfume since 1985. I always walk pass the store when I go to the Columbia flower market and always curious what it is about. They are having a jubilee special window with a portrait of the queen. Did I mentioned they just won the best new independent fragrance award 2012 from the Fragrance Foundation? I am sure you would like to know more about them now.



Angela said she learnt making perfume herself and the store only sold home perfume when it started. She started making body perfumes because she found her customers used the home perfume as the body ones. After more than 20 years' development, they produce body lotion, hand cream and even shower gel besides the fragrance collection. I think there are more than 30 different type of perfumes under 6 different categories. The displays of the bottles next to the entry is simple but iconic. 




I love the candle wall as well. Angela mentioned she tried to keep everything in store original which makes love the store more. You can feel the history from the entry to the walls, even the old-fashionable shelves and the holes which made by the pins. For the perfume, I love those fruity flavour most! They are the must-go store for those flower lovers since they produce many different floral flavours.






Angela's latest perfume, Precious One, just help her to win the award i mentioned in the beginning. She was very excited to show me the award and share the experience with me of the story behind it. Come to pick your favourite flower when you visit the flower market next time :)

To know more about Angela and her store, please visit their website

Angela Flanders:
96 Columbia Road, Shoreditch, London E2 7QB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...