Wednesday 26 October 2011

MY PICK - WILLIAMS HANDMADE


One of the reasons I love fashion is the process of making something. I took some sewing course in Hong Kong before so garments in special pattern always impress me. I finally gave up my sewing class because I don't think I am very into it. Since I know the process of making those twist on a paper pattern, I really admire the designers who always make new pattern for their clothes. I met Sarah Jane William, the founder of Williams Handmade in the previous London Fashion Week and her  impressive leather goods made my menswear day more interesting than ever.


After graduating in London College of Fashion, Sarah work for different companies before building her own brand last year. Williams Handmade is all about craftsmanship and each product is produced by hand and traditionally saddle stitched with the finest British bridle leather. S/S 2012 is inspired by the Orient, an Orient trip to Constantinople. The story behind the collection is about Agatha and her husband Max picking these avant-grade luggage in London before their trip for an archaeological dig site.



I fall in love with these suitcase in all those special shapes. My favourite is the blue one (yea, blue again!) I don't know how to describe the shape (a weird octagon or rectangle square?) but that's so special!! The debut collection is amazing as well!!! I would say this collection is more wearable than the debut but you can still see the attitude of the brand. I love Sarah not only support the classic British heritage and the historical craftsmanship but also take them to another stage. Her work is in the current V&A "The power of Making" exhibition and you will love them all after you check her piece there!

To know more about Williams Handmade and check their previous collection, please visit their website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...