Tuesday 11 October 2011

MY PICK - KIRSTY WARD S/S 2012

I always tell my friends I really like Kirsty Ward, a lovely girl from CSM with her iconic bold jewellery collection. She was one of the designers who won the Ones to Watch show by Vauxhall fashion Scout last season and showed how well she is on tailoring and layering. After exploring the bizarre chairs and the eccentric women in the last collection, Kirsty's S/S 2012 collection is inspired by office wear and everyday stationery.



The fluorescent yellow just makes the collection so attractive! The collection is full of layering as usually but Kirsty made some attachable parts for the garments. You can have a longer skirt for work and detach the hem to make it shorter for night out. Different range of blue drives me crazy for the collection since I am a Mr Blue for some reason. It's the first time for me to see Kirsty beads the actual embellishments on the garments(even on the shoes!!) which is so surprising for me. My favourite piece is the striped shirt in look 15. The pattern just makes it more masculine that I can even wear it.










I don't think I have to introduce how amazing the jewellery is. It's so fun to see clips on some os the iconic pieces and it keeps reminding me fashion is all about fun!!! You can find Swarovski crystal in the latest jewellery collection as well!! Beside all the exaggerated hand-made pieces, Kirsty provides something more wearable and more affordable in this season. Oh! and one more thing! You will see the first handbag collection under Kirsty Ward in S/S 2012 and the first collaboration with underwear label, Mint Siren is launching too. There are so many things happening together with Kirsty and I really look forward to her menswear line! (I hope she will create it one day!)









There is a video of the S/S 2012 collection which is all about fun!
Check it and have a good night!


To know more about Kirsty, please visit her website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...