Sunday 21 August 2011

TALK TO ME! CSM GRADUATES SPECIAL - NAMI KUROKI


Do you still remember what did you draw in the first art lesson when you were still a primary student? All my work of my childhood is in the landfill now but the joy and memories they bring me are deep in my heart forever. Nami Kuroki majors Fashion Print in Central St Martins and her graduation collection is about sweet and love! Combining clean and sharp silhouette with childish print, the collection keep recalling the best time of my life so far. Those squiggle pattern is like what I did when I tested a new pen and the cloud with blue sky(er...actually it's blue cloud) just totally take me back to my first drawing class in primary one. Nami's collection is just like a break for every adult to thing about their innocence. Do you still remember the first time you wrote your own name?



As a new member in the industry, what do you think about the fashion world?
I am always amazed and fascinated with what is being created. I hope I can find a place where I can do my bit.

How do you describe your style?
It's nice, sweet, colourful and playful. lots of love for prints.

What is your opinion of being a successful fashion designer?
Work hard consistently, and believe in yourself.

Who is your favourite designer? Does he/she inspire you when you do your own designs?
I don't have a particular favourite. It's different by season. I get inspired in the small moments of everyday life, from the people walking down the street, from flowers and trees and leaves, from the music, from the books, and so on.

Can you tell me more about the collection? Which is the iconic piece in the collection and which one is your favourite?
I think the look 1 is eye catching with all over print and the pointy skirt. It's too difficult to choose one favourite but I really like look2, 3 and 5.

There are many new and up-coming designers in the industry. Is there anyone that you really admire?
I admire a lot of my friends.
As a CSM graduate, do you have any advice for other fashion students?
ENJOY!!

What is your next plan now? Are you building your own label?
I would love to start my own screen printing studio with a small collection of clothes and housewares someday in future. But until then, I need a job!!!








To know more about Nami, please visit her website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...