Saturday 22 January 2011

LET'S GET LOST - LONDON ART FAIR

It's my first time to visit the London Art Fair.
I didn't even visit the Hong Kong Air Fair when I was in Hong Kong.
After visiting the art fair, it makes me think of the Hong Kong International Art & Antiques Fair.
It's a fair for selling art pieces but also let people visit by register.
I can really feel how different London and Hong Kong are.
I've never seen parents brought their children to visit exhibition or gallery in Hong Kong.
I am not a art student and I don't know much about art but there are some pieces really inspire me.

The Hanmi Gallery displayed Korean artist, Ziwon Wang.
They are named "Post-Human".
The lotus shape part move when you stand close to them.
I really thinked of Buddhism when I was looking at them.

They are from Katharine Morling's Black and White collection.
I don't know why but they made me think of my childhood. 


These Specimens of insects are my favourite!
They are from Tessa Farmer.
I can't explain why but I just love them.
They just like telling you the process of decomposition.
I love them =P
They also remind me about a Japanese artist making monsters.
I feel sorry that I don't speak Japanese so I can't translate them in English but I know you will like it if you like Farmer's works.

Tomorrow will be the last day of the London Air Fair!
Just go there to have a look if you feel interested!

Venue:
Business Design Centre, 52 Upper Street, London N1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...