Sunday 30 December 2012

MY PICK - THE BEST OF 2012

Chinese always recall what they did during the year in the the new year's eve. It's time to have a recap of my busy 2012 with all the amazing windows and emerging designers. I got many new opportunities as a freelancer and my blog seems having more and more regulars. Interviewing Romeo Gigli is the highlight of my 2012 and he is just so inspirational. I really hope to see him again in my career and can't wait to see his SS2013 Joyce collaboration. Thanks Cosmopolitan HK and Joyce again for this opportunity.

Thank you very much for all the regulars' supports and all the repost from twitter.
I picked my 2012 favourites and I hope they are yours too!

My favourite Window displays:


There is no doubt about me choosing the JWA fro Topshop window as my 2012 favourite. Two of my favourite people in the world worked together to create a little JWA world in the Topshop flagship. The collection is not my cup of tea but the whole set-up definitely is. 


I didn't get many chances to interview big people in the industry. Romeo is not very well known in my generation and I've never heard of him before I got the chance to meet him in person. Thanks Joyce for bringing him back to the fashion world and I got a chance to see his classical designs. You would love to have a small exhibition in store when gong shopping wouldn't you!? (special thanks Cosmopolitan HK)


I can't list the best window from Moschino since they always impress me when I pass by their store. So I would invite you to have a look of my Moschino archive and see how fun their windows are.

My Favourite Store:

0416X1024 is my favourite Taiwanese brand since my first visit to Taipei. I was so surprised when the founder agreed to let me have a feature of the flagship on my blog during my Taiwan trip in summer. Hope you enjoy your visit there if you are traveling Taiwan.

My favourite menswear designer:

Three words: PRINT, PRINTING and PRINTS. You may think I work for Lobster & Burger if I wear a shirt with lobster print. I don't care since lobsters is a must-have in the coming season! 

My favourite womenswear designer:

You don't know how much I love this womenswear designer. I would dare to be a girl if I could own a range of her clothes.

My favourite graduate designer:

I don't think I have to explain why and introduce who Kay Kwok is, do I? The Hong Kong born LCF MA graduate rocked in the digital print and 3D printing skills. I really look forward to his coming collections.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...