Sunday 21 October 2012

LET'S GET LOST - THE COLLEGE SHOP BY LONDON COLLEGE OF FASHION


I don't know if you visited the LCF College shop last year when it worked as a pop-up in Carnaby Street but I did have a great experience being there. I also don't know if it is going to be an annual event but I love what LCF did for their graduates. I found some interesting pieces last year so I ran to the shop when I noticed they were coming back again this year, at the same please but biggest side, better store design and surely more designers.




The College shop this year locates on the ground floor in Kingly Court and got a more bigger window for displays the recent LCF graduates. I love the cube shelving wall so much. It is actually the dream wall of my own room - so clean and you can put all your magazines and tiny little things in different cubes. It's a great way to display too as you can see how they separate each piece on the wall.



I found the accessories more interesting although there are many cute clothes in the store. Laura Apsit Livens' head pieces, Lili Colley's laser cut jewellery and the amazing Ashleigh Downer's crystal liked necklaces drew my attention. The necklaces look like a raw crystal piece and it's a great standout piece for special event (quite heavy though).










There are many graduate collection in the clothing part like last year but also some successful alumnis' products as well. I spoted my dear Ada Zanditon, MA womenswear graduate Rahull Verma, the menswear raising star, Joseph Turvey and some other recent MA and BA graduates collections during my visit. Most of the designers only got 1-2 pieces in store and I think all of them are one-off so yea, come and grab them before they disappear. It's also a great opportunity for someone like me who want to know more new names working in the industry.






You may want to feel the actual Joseph Turvey scarf in person or try some pieces on from other designers so take your time! The store only opens for TWO WEEKS!



To know more about the College Shop, please visit their facebook page
College Shop: G5, Kingly Court, Carnaby, W1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...