Thursday 27 September 2012

MY PICK - J.W. ANDERSON WOMEN SS2013


I am sure you know J.W. Anderson is my favourite London based designer if you spend 15 minutes with me in person. He is one of the designers who bring me back to the menswear world. (I had been buying VW gold label womenswear and felt menswear was super boring.) The unexpected womenswear collection launched in 2010 with his success in menswear. The reason I loved her womenswear was the total look, the look just like girls wearing boyfriend's clothes. After the SS2013 show I would say the girl has changed a little bit after 5 seasons.



The JWA girl finally got her own clothes with her own style in SS2013 although I did see the women line was establishing during previous few seasons. Those ruffle looks are ones of my favourite although I don't really get the bra top. I don't know why but those ruffle trimmings just ding in my head. The tank top in look 2 is my favourite combination! I've got a sneak peek of those paintbrush prints but the women version got much more diversification. I get used to Jonathan's prints so I looked fro something more before seeing the show and surely I got some surprise.




Not gonna say how much I love this cut-out tank since we've seen something similar in the men's show.  What I want to describe are the trousers which go with the tank top. The details are like two purses attached on the trousers but they are actually a bow. I think I will definitely get a pair of them to see if they can tie in a special shape :) Do you still remember asymmetric jacket in men's show? There is a women's version now with a big bow and some organza liked pleats attached. I would still prefer the men's version with its just woke up messy look even for women wearing it.






The iconic neoprene is still on in SS2013. The laser cut has gone but it's still interesting to see this stiff texture in the ruffle form. I got many friends saying NO to it but I will give a YES for a good try!



My favourite pieces of the collection are actually the clutches ! I love those weird ruffles on them and I think I would love to buy the whole colour range to put them in the Simone Rocha box bag! I am still loving the idea of clothes in blurred gender and Jonathan is still doing it very well. Although you can obviously identify the men and women line now, the wearer in opposite gender can still carry the other line very well with good styling. I really look forward to wearing both men and women SS2013 collection. 


To know more about J.W. Anderson, please visit his website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...