Sunday 23 September 2012

MY PICK - GEORGIA HARDINGE SS2013


Georgia Hardinge is one of my must-see shows since I moved to London. Her debut show was my debut work and I've never missed any her show in LFW every season. After nominating for the Vauxhall Fashion Scout's Ones to Watch, winning the Merit Award and being with them for 3 solo shows, Georgia finally held her own presentation in Somerset House. As her first time in Somerset House, the SS2013 collection "Still" presented as a fashion video producing underwater.



Comparing to Georgia's previous collections the SS2013 is a smaller collection she ever did. As always the collection is inspired by an artist and it's Gustav Klimt's turn this time. I think of sea creatures when looking at the collection and I think it's probably because of the video she made for the presentation. It's not too difficult to imagine the relationship between the latest pattern and the art work of Gustav Klimt. I did think of one of his iconic painting, The Kiss, when looking at the detail of the the print. 



Besides the signature pattern design, I always love Georgia's sculptural designs. The FW2011show piece cape is still one of my favourite items of her. SS2013 she developed a new shape with sheer material making the layers more apparent. I also love the colours of the collection. There were always contrast colours in Georgia's previous collection but the SS2013 is so soft and pastel (we do see the strong ocean blue as the accent colour though). 





I do love Georgia's iconic cape designs with chiffon which give a very sexy movement in the wind. I would say they are sexier in the water after seeing them in the video. I always said "If you are a strong woman, you wear Georgia Hardinge." but after checking the SS2013 I would say even elegant women can carry GH very well now! I feel so great to see her success and I look forward to see more and more sexy ladies wearing her designs in the future! (too bad the collection is very feminine and I can't find anything suits me! BAD LUCK!) Check the collection's video if you haven't seen it yet!

To know more about Georgia, please visit her website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...