Tuesday 28 February 2012

MY PICK - JOELLE BOERS


We have to go back to my first store interview if you ask me to share my story with Joelle Boers. I started my London career with interviewing an independent select store Beyond the Valley and met Joelle in one of their parties when she was still doing an intern for them. We liked each other's style and keep in touch after she went back to her hometown Netherlands. Last August, Joelle became a textile design graduate in the Academy of Fine Arts in Maastricht and presented a womenswear collection with her lovely prints. As you know I am fascinated with all the nice patterns and printings, how can I give up this chance to share?



The collection is named Hypno Insanity. Joelle creates the patterns by using her own photos mixing with the detail shots of old plastics, metals and other materials. Creating this garbage look, she would like to be aware of the sea life and the environment. Sophisticated patterns in clean silhouette never goes wrong! I am glad that although there are many designers start playing with prints and patterns but Joelle's still stands out. A good news for her and the people like me who loves the collection is a Belgian store, FAB is launching this collection very soon.

Apart from the prints she create, Joelle is also a great illustrator. Visit her blog for her illustrations and aesthetic.
To know more about Joelle, please visit her website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...