Saturday 19 November 2011

TALK TO ME - JOEY MA


I am currently working for a U.K. fashion website, Fashion156 as a blogger. I always love their editorial and they are the first fashion I follow since I come to London for my study. It's totally amazing when you can work with what you really admire. There is a new topic on their blog recently which feature bloggers all over the world and the debut is one of my fashion hero, Joey Ma. I always love his style and want to interview him since I met him in 2008. I really want to thank Fashion156 let me have a chance to talk to him finally.

My story with Joey is very funny. The first time I met him was at a Vivienne Westwood fashion show in 2010. He caught my attention sitting on the front row with his wool cape and Vivienne’s classic rocking horse shoes but I didn’t know who he was. I knew his name after a photo shoot he did for Harvey Nichols Hong Kong but still didn't have a chance to talk to him in person. I know he loves the products from World's End and I am a fan of World's End as well so I asked the Lisa, the store manager of World's End if she knows Joey in person. She introduced me to Joey via email during Joey's London trip last year. We finally met each other when walking on the Regent Street.





Joey is really special with his unique style. You either love it or hate it very much. I know there were many negative comments when he first built his blog but there are more and more people know how amazing he is now. I really admire he keeps breaking the boundary of menswear by his own style and the confidence he has for wearing all those exaggerated clothes. Joey doesn’t work in the fashion industry but he is a totally inspirational person.


Could you tell us about your background?
My dad is from Hong Kong, and my mother is from Taiwan. I was born and raised in Hong Kong. I went to the states when I was 18yo, and then moved back to Hong Kong when I was 26yo. I was majored in Economics. For the last few years, I started to grow on fashion, and finally started my blog last year.

How do you describe your style?
My style is spontaneous, fun, exaggerate, and androgynous. I never pay attention to trends; I just wear whatever I think looks good on me. I do love mixing vintage with high end brands.

Where do you usually shop? Which is your favourite store?
I usually shop online. My favorite online shops are notjustalabel.com, luisaviaroma.com, oki-ni.com, and hervia.com. As my favourite store, there are actually a few of them, can’t really pick one haha. Kinq in Hong Kong, Wut/Berlin in Japan, and World’s End in London.

What item is the first thing you think of when you decide your outfit?
This is a very interesting question because it all depends on my mood of the day. Sometimes I would really want to wear this headpiece, then I will work out an outfit in my head with that headpiece. Or sometimes I would really want to wear a certain pair of shoes, then I will start styling my outfit from there.



To read the whole interview please visit Fashion156's blog
To check other amazing outfits of joey, please visit his blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...