Sunday 30 October 2011

MY PICK - GEORGIA HARDINGE


Georgia Hardinge is very special to myself. I watch her Ones to Watch show in my first LFW last year. I knew nothing about all the winner of Ones to Watch at that moment and I didn't really know much about the industry. The sculptural patterns on her collection made my day and I did my first interview in London with her. I did another interview with her for her F/W 2011 collection at the beginning of the year and her "Spined" collection draws loads of attention all over the world. After these two collection I always expect seeing amazing prints in her collection and Georgia just take me to the neverland again in her S/S collection.



Cubed, the S/S 2012 collection inspired by cubo-futurism and the artist, Raymond Duchamp-Villon. Georgia applies her complicated patterns into the simple silhouettes as usual. Giving up for the strong layering element from the previous seasons, what replacing are sharp shape and cube. The pattern reassembles broken lines in an abstract form and the cube, pentagons/ triangular shapes have taken the femininity to the next level.




I love the wearable pieces such as simple shirts, jumpsuits and plain dress but I love the chiffon pieces most! The fluidity of the dress with those prints just makes my fall in love with the collection and you will just keep your eyes on the dress when you see the models walking with them. The orange crashing on the neutral colours draws much attention during the show. 












Opening photo by Jiro H, runway photos by Christopher Dadey, detail photos by myself 

To know more about Georgia, please visit her website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...