Thursday 11 August 2011

TALK TO ME! CSM GRADUATES SPECIAL - FLAMINIA SACCUCCI

I don't know if you still remember I talked to a CSM graduate, Nicomede. The most memorable part of the graduation exhibition is the patterns!! Flaminia Saccucci is the winner of the press show this year but it's not the reason makes me love her. I love her creates her collection by using rubber and the mixture of the floral pattern and the tyre. It's something about construction and destruction. I love this special wearable collection and I believe it will sell really well if Flaminia is gonna produce it.



As a new member in the industry, what do you think about the fashion world? 
It’s fasciating , challenging, speed. It is important to find your identity and be true to it.

How do you describe your style? 
Sharp and clean with a twist- always balanced.

What is your opinion of being a successful fashion designer?
To always like what you do keeping up with people expectation.

Who is your favourite designer? Does he/she inspire you when you do your own designs? 
I am mostly inspired by art or the most common object can be a great start. To me what is interesting is the combination of different elements.
As designers I like Raf Simons work for Jil Sander for bringing innovative cuts with a perfect fit.
And of course from the past I admire the work of Cristobal Balenciaga.

Can you tell me more about the collection? Which is the iconic piece in the collection and which one is your favourite? 
I guess the iconic pieces are the floral dresses with the tyre leggins, in particular the pink tulip one, where the contrast of the tyre with the garden landscape is fully express.
My favourite pieces are the suits, in particular the orange/yellow jacket and trousers.

There are many new and up-coming designers in the industry. Is there anyone that you really admire? 
Christopher Kane , he is special! He is well estabilished now.

As a CSM graduate, do you have any advice for other fashion students? 
Be passionate, never loose the focus and please enjoy!

What is your next plan now? Are you building your own label? 
I only graduated few weeks ago, so now I am considering the different opportunities I have been presented with.
It may search a job in a fashion house or I may sell my collection to a store in London.












Since Flaminia doesn't have her own website at the moment, please contact her via email

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...