Thursday 19 May 2011

SELFRIDGES - WASHED UP EXHIBITION


Selfridges is having an ocean care project - PROJECT OCEAN right now.
it's a project about the sustainability of the fishes and Washed Up displays all the innovative designs which are inspired by the ocean.
The exhibition also displays the drawings by Ernst Haeckel.
Haechel had a book Art Forms in Nature Art Nouveau which records loads of the sea animals by naked eye.
I've seen Haechel's work in the Deep Sea exhibition in the Natural History Museum few months ago and they are the most interesting part for me. I felt very excited when I saw his work again in the exhibition this time.
The exhibition showcases the pieces from different designers Alexander McQueen, Iris Van Herpen and Gareth Pugh. I love the head pieces as well.
You will just feel amazed that many designers got their inspiration from the ocean.




This octopus dress from Iris Van Herpen is one of my favourite of the exhibition!



This Iris Van Herpen dress is my favourite!






You will never get bored with Hussein Chalayan. 


Besides all the incredible pieces, The set-up of the exhibition is also amazing!
The exhibition area is full of corals which are from confiscation and they are usually in the London Zoo.



I love the exhibition not only because of all the fashion pieces and the drawings.
I love Selfridges to be a educator to let more people know what problems we are facing.
They are holding 4 talks in different topic during this month.

To know more about the Project Ocean, please click here
To check more details of the talks, please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...