Monday 11 April 2011

TALK TO ME! - LILEE

I don’t know if you still remember the designers of the Bright Young Things in Selfridges’ windows. I love them all personally and I feel so great that I can interview some of them. As one of the designers in Ones to Watch S/S 2011, I did an interview with Lilee in September last year. Her minimal designs just impress me in the show. (I love the pattern most for sure.) Born in Korea, Lilee graduated in London College of Fashion in 2010. Her graduation collection was published in many magazine and Asos invited her to create a special collection for them last Season. And I’ve asked Lilee to share her feeling and her inspiration of the S/S 2011 collection. The collection is full of pleats and femininity. I love the geometric dog print most in the collection.



How do you describe your style?
Elegant and lady-like style, feminine at the same time bold and chic.
As a woman ,I know very well what women want to wear and want to be shown.


Where does your inspiration usually come from?
Womanly something, all about woman, all of the paintings, novels, poems, photographs and movies which have feminine and sophisticated touch. They inspire me.

Which is your favorite design in your latest collection?
Long pleats dress with leather stand collar.
Its style is elegant and feminine but the top is made of see trough fabric which is quite sexy.

What do you think about the fashion industry today?
Nowadays, everyone can to be a fashion expert, it is not a hard job to express one’s fashion opinion through being an internet seller or blogging. Besides as fashion market grows, people are getting more chances to try more clothes. It helps people to have their own taste, not just being a fashion followers.


As a new fashion designer, is there any difficulty when you do your designs and run your brand?
Uhm.. I need more sleep! Sometimes feel pressure before the show but I am quite enjoying my work, and trying not to think negatively.


Who is your favorite designer?
Jean Paul Gautier. He’s the master of fashion. He has everything, something conceptual but wearable, feminine but masculine. At the same time, he is technically perfect designer. Every pieces of him is just GREAT.

What is your future plan?
I will just keep doing my collection to show better collection every season.


Special Thanks Kenny Wang from Vauxhall Fashion Scout

To know more about Lilee and view her full collection, please visit her website
To check her Asos special collection, please visit Asos
To check her Selfridges' window, please click here
To read a Chinese version, please check Hong Kong Marie Claire November 2010 issue.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...