Thursday 7 April 2011

FEEL THE 30 YEARS OF YOHJI YAMAMOTO

I still remember how amazing the exhibition of 30 years of Japanese Fashion is.
The signature pieces of Comme des Garcons, Yohji Yamamoto and Issey Miyake are just unforgettable.
Besides all the garments there, the most impressive exhibit for me is the VIP direct mail of Comme des Garcons.

If you missed that exhibition last year, Don't feel upset at the moment!
Yohji Yamamoto is having a personal exhibition in V&A.
Sharing more than 80 pieces of designs,the exhibits also include fashion shows, lookbooks, videos and illustration.
And it's the first time that Yohji displays his menswear collection in such a large exhibition.











There is a big exhibition hall for most of the garments, lookbooks and videos.
The most interesting part of the exhibition is they also put some of the garments around different rooms in V&A.
You have to go all over the building if you want to finish the whole tour.
I feel I was playing hide & seek when those garments but It's a clever idea to let the visitors visit different part f the museum.
The most impressive part of the exhibition is we are allowed to touch every garments in the exhibition.
So you can feel the texture of garments and imagine how the Yohji's team make them.
It's my first time to touch every exhibits in an exhibition.
That's why I feel so surprised and amazed about Yohji's creations.


I believe the souvenirs are also important for every exhibition.
T-shirts and Tote bags became a must-have right now so I don't wanna talk about them.
I love the Furoshiki Bags most and their patterns are from the Yohji's S/S 2011 Mens collection.
And the exhibition book is always great.
I still remember the feeling of the first time I tried Yohji's Jacket in Joyce Warehouse.
You really have to feel the clothes to understand the attitude of a designer.
So just go and feel your Yohji by your eyes and your hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...