Sunday 16 January 2011

MY FIRST ENGLISH ARTICLE EVER

I do love the idea of Selfridges for supporting new talents in London.
Besides the 10 windows I showed last week, Selfridges is going to display other 10 up-coming designers' work at 4 February.
You can check who will be shown very soon in their windows right now.
I just recognized Yang Du, a Chinese designer from Central St Martins College.

Being famous by her surrealist designs,Yang's 2011 Spring/Summer collection named 'He is a Superman'. The collection includes many animals elements as usual. Yang also picks some iconic  Hero from Superhero such as Superman and Batman to her collection. I can also find the Japanese character, Astro Boy in the collection. It's a toys and childhood inspired collection and full of oversized t-shirt dresses and capes.

I love the chunky head pieces most. They are called Mr. & Miss Tiger and Mr. & Miss Lion. I would like to wear them when I visit the Disneyland again if I get them. Yea! We all need to live in fantasy sometimes, don't we?
photos from Yang Du

Spring/Summer 2011 is full of colours and I really look forward to the Yang's window displays (and the latest products for sure)in Selfridges very soon.

For more details of Yang Du, please click here to visit her website.



(I hope there are no grammatical mistakes in this post. It's a good start and I will keep going! Thanks for reading my first English article!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...